Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 May 2010

MESHUGGAH - CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE

Debut album from Meshuggah that I picked up in 2008 at the Mega Record and CD Fair held in Utrecht, the Netherlands.  This really was the biggest record fair I've ever been too.  You could easily spend the whole weekend there searching through the vast amount of stock from the various vendors.  I was in Amsterdam to visit friends so had to cut it down to a few hours but hopefully I'll get the chance to go again this year.

Meshuggah are a band I was heavily into around the Destroy Erase Improve and Chaosphere  eras.  Since then they've changed their style somewhat and have been ripped off by about 1000 bands.  This first album is certainly heavily influenced by old Metallica but still shows the unconventional time signatures that the band would become known for on subsequent releases.

This has been out of press for a while.

Black /???

No comments:

Post a Comment