Search This Blog

Monday 24 May 2010

COALESCE - FUNCTIONING ON IMPATIENCE

I own more versions of this than I probably need.  I first picked up a copy on black vinyl many years ago.  I then found a copy on blood red vinyl from the second press and not long after that picked up a copy of the first press on green.  I wanted a copy of the 6th, and at the time final, press on tricolor vinyl with the silk screened cover so picked one of those up.  Then in late 2008 the LP was repressed again for the 10th anniversary and I picked up a copy on blue which was the Blue Collar Distro exclusive colour if I remember correctly.


To be honest this is the weakest press.  The die cut sleeve is alright but the lyrics and other information that was originally contained on the inside is printed on the back so the original artwork that made the release look so cool looking is only partially present here.


If you don't own a copy of this and want one I recommend picking up one of the earlier presses with the cool art and additional vellum sleeve.

As for the music, I don't like this as much as "Give Them Rope" but Coalesce haven't released a bad full length so the content is still very good.


7th Press on blue with orange splatter /268







No comments:

Post a Comment