Search This Blog

Saturday 22 May 2010

CANNABIS CORPSE - THE WEEDING


If you're going to play old school death metal and sing about smoking cannabis, you'd be stupid to not call your band Cannabis Corpse.  

More often than not when I go to shows I'll pick up vinyl if the band is selling it and I don't already have it.  When Cannabis Corpse came to London earlier this year I picked up the pro-stoner edition of their newest EP 'The Weeding'.  This came as an 8" square picture disc with a poster and sticker.  

On the way home a guy on the tube asked me about the record I was holding and I told him it was by a band called 'Cannabis Corpse'.  He told me he liked Cannibal Corpse and had no idea they were playing London.  I told him it wasn't actually Cannibal Corpse but Cannabis Corpse, an old school death metal band that sang about smoking weed and all the song titles are cannabis related parodies of Cannibal Corpse songs.  He was pretty blown away that such band exists.  I'm pretty sure he thought they were a joke band but I told him they were great so I hope he checked them out.

Pro-stoner edition on 8" square picture disc /420




No comments:

Post a Comment