Search This Blog

Monday 24 May 2010

MESHUGGAH - ALIVE

I'm not really a fan of live albums and don't own more than 1 or 2 on vinyl.  When I left my last job I was given a £50 gift card for HMV which was a pretty good gift and I bought a book and LP with it the day after I received it.  Every time I went into HMV after that there was nothing I wanted for months on end so when I saw this I decided to pick it up as it was priced at £15 the exact amount I had left on my gift card.

For a live album, it's actually pretty solid.  The sound is decent and they play a good selection of tracks, the glaring omission being "Future Breed machine".  It's actually a rather similar set to the one they played when I saw them in 2008 so that adds a little something.

Double LP, one black, one white /???


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Are You able to rip Your vinyls? Because cd versions sounds flat and without so much emotions. Vinyl sounds amazing, think about it!
    You can have Your own versions with quality as vinyl have and can delete some clicks. Here is link how to do it. http://gigaom.com/apple/ripping-vinyl-to-24bit-96khz-apple-lossless/ Thanks anyway!
    Jakub

    ReplyDelete