Search This Blog

Thursday 13 May 2010

HARVEY MILK - LIFE...THE BEST GAME IN TOWN

I missed out on Harvey Milk the first time around as I guess many people did as their albums weren't that well distributed back in day and their wasn't fast Internet and unlimited downloads to make it possible to get anything almost instantly.

I can still remember when Napster first started and me and my friends would download songs by bands that we'd heard of but just couldn't get their albums.  We'd start a download go to bed and by morning we'd have a song or two.  If the connection cut out during the night you'd have to start again.  I still have the Pissing Razors cover of Pantera Domination in my iTunes that is missing the last few seconds due to it cutting out before the end.

I digress.  This is the second Harvey Milk album since the reunion.  I liked this album possibly more than the band members did.  If you want to know what Harvey Milk think of their own back catalogue then take a look at this amusing article:

http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2010/03/08/primer-harvey-milk-tear-their-discography-apart-from-the-shitty-blues-rock-of-the-pleaser-to-the-total-creative-bankruptcy-of-their-latest-album/

I picked this copy up from Chel's list where you could get two different vinyl colours for the two LP's rather than just the same colour for each LP. The colours they sent you out were random and I got grey and purple.

Grey and Purple /???

No comments:

Post a Comment