Search This Blog

Friday 29 January 2010

Iron Age - The Sleeping Eye

One of my favourite releases of 2009. Crossover that leans a bit more towards 80's Metallica than the hardcore end of the spectrum. Extremely memorable riffs that you can't help but nod your head to, especially the riff about 3 minutes into dispossessed.

I saw them live when they came to London late last year and despite blowing a bass head half way through the second song that took about 10 minutes to fix, cutting the set to I think only 6 songs, it was a great show and hopefully I'll get to see them again soon.

I picked this LP up at the show and it's the UK press with the black and white cover, hand numbered out of 100 but evidence suggests there are more. I really want to get my hands on the first US press which is a double LP. I should do that before the band gets huge and the price gets out of control.

When the bass amp blew the vocalist simply said "too much power". Indeed.

UK Press Clear, 59/100



No comments:

Post a Comment