Search This Blog

Friday 22 January 2010

Damaged - Passive Backseat Demon Engines

Coming from Australia I've listened to my fair share of Australian metal over the years. By far my favourite down under metal band is Damaged.

The band had numerous line up changed over the years and at one point Kevin Sharpe of Brutal Truth fame was on vocals and can be heard on the Purified in Pain full length. Unfortunately for Kevin he was replacing James Ludbrooke, one of the best vocalist in heavy music of all time. Big statement I know, but one that I consider valid.

Damaged really was a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. The drum work of Matt "Skitz" Sanders was nothing short of amazing, extremely fast, precise and innovative and when combined with the brutally heavy riffs and Ludbrooke's vocals, Damaged truly were something great.

I didn't know the band had released anything on vinyl so when I found they'd put out tracks from the Passive Backseat Demon Engines EP I had to have it. Luckily I found one on eBay and it didn't set me back too much.

Not sure of the pressing info on this one.

If you haven't heard Damaged before check out the video for "Nails" below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGDyAmtne0





1 comment:

  1. Great fucking band! Never saw this ep before. Gotta hunt that fucker down.

    ReplyDelete