Search This Blog

Thursday 28 January 2010

Converge - Petitioning The Empty Sky 7"

First released as a 7" on Ferret records, Petitioning the Empty Sky is my favourite 7" of the 90's. It has since been re-released as a full length about 25 times each adding something extra to get the kids to re-buy it. When I first got a copy of the full length I'd say I listened to it daily for probably 2 years.

I felt they stepped it up a notch on this 7" which they arguably did again on When Forever Comes Crashing and most certainly did on Jane Doe. While I still enjoy newer Converge, for me, this and Jane Doe are the highlights of their extensive back catalog.

I still get that feeling when I hear the opening notes of The Saddest Day.

It's not that easy to got hold of a copy on purple these days, so I guess I'm lucky to have one.

On Purple /100


No comments:

Post a Comment