Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 February 2010

MASTODON - LEVIATHAN

I'd ordered Remission from Relapse not long after it had been released and was instantly amazed by the drumming of Brann Dailor. I went back and picked up the album he did with Today Is The Day and within the space of a few months a guy I'd never heard of before was now once of my favourite drummers.

When Leviathan was released I heard mixed reviews and for reasons that I'm not exactly sure of now, didn't pick it up immediately. Luckily a friend of mine did and since then it has been my favourite release from the band.

I did manage to pick up a copy on blue vinyl not long after it had come out for not much more than retail but I really wanted a white copy out of 100. I'd seen it go for close to $200 but luckily it has dropped since then and I was able to get this for much less than half of what it sold for at that time.

Much like how people argue over which of the first four Metallica albums is the best, I'm sure people will do the same with Mastodon in the future but for me this is it.

White /100



No comments:

Post a Comment